The host venue of the WBSC Americas Softball Qualification Event will be Softball City in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada. This venue is a full-service sports and entertainment facility, famous for its four championship caliber softball diamonds, as well as indoor restaurant and outdoor patios, overlooking all four lit fields.
The Championship Diamond at Softball City will comfortably seat spectators in permanent grandstands and additional high caliber temporary bleachers along each sideline, as well as in the outfield. We will also add premium VIP seating throughout the stadium. The nature of the venue allows for significant additional standing room for spectators. We anticipate our venue capacity to be approximately 5,000 people.
- Four lit diamonds with adjoining practice fields dedicated for warm-up areas.
- Office space available for both WBSC officials and event organizers.
- Space for all required logistical areas: medical, accreditation, media, etc.
- Variety of food vendors operating around the concourse will provide many cultural options.
- Indoor/outdoor restaurant that offers a more traditional sit down menu and great views of all diamonds.
- Additional specifics are a historic Softball BC Walk of Fame and children’s play area.
In 2014-2016, the City of Surrey performed significant upgrades to the host venue, elevating it to the highest standards required for the 2016 Women’s World Championship. The upgrades included world-class field surfaces and maximized absorption and playability, excellent lighting, backstops, dugouts, fencing and additional high-quality seating for spectators.
Located in a picturesque park setting, the host venue possesses a number of key attributes including spectacular natural setting, quality permanent grandstand for main diamond, restaurant and clubhouse and permanent washroom facilities.